The latest AW 2014 collection by Bless’ed Are The Meek is a collaboration of all things divine by Sophie “Hirschy” Hirschfelder. See the collection for yourself and read my interview below!
1. What are three elements prominent throughout this AW2014 collection?
BUTTER SOFT LEATHER / MONOTONE PALETTE / TEXTURED KNITWEAR
2. What sets this collection apart from your other AW campaigns?
THE GRAPHIC MINIMAL DESIGN LINES
3. What do you think will be a stand out trend this winter?
CHUNKY KNITWEAR & BORROWED FROM THE BOYS TAILORING
4. What did Sophie “Hirschy” Hirschfelder bring to this collection?
AN INTERNATIONAL ANDROGYNOUS EDGE
5. What are some garments that are purely influenced by her?
THE BLACK AND WHITE MOTO INSPIRED LEATHERS
6. As a brand how do you stay definitive and individual throughout each of your collections?
WE START WITH A THEME OR CONCEPT OFTEN INSPIRED BY ART OR NATURE AND WORK THAT THROUGH EACH COLLECTION
7. When creating a new collection to you tend to push boundaries and a take a chance with your styles?
IT’S A CONSTANT BATTLE! WE ARE ALWAYS PUSHING FOR NEW AND GETTING IN TROUBLE WHEN STYLES DON’T SELL…….ITS A MATTER OF GETTING THE BALANCE BETWEEN EDGINESS AND COMMERCIALITY
8. What is the most exciting thing about releasing a new collection to the public?
ITS EXCITING SEEING THE MEDIA RESPOND IN A POSITIVE WAY AND BLOGGERS COMING ON BOARD TO USE THE GARMENTS IN THEIR POSTS AND OF COURSE SEEING PEOPLE OUT WEARING BLESSED IS ALWAYS A GREAT FEELING
9. Do you think this AW2014 collection is similar to other Blesse’d Are The Meek collections?
THERE IS AWLAYS A BLESSED HANDWRITING RUNNING THROUGH EACH COLLECTION, GRAPHIC ELEMENTS, PLAYS ON TEXTURE AND INTRICATE STATEMENT PIECES
10. Who would you love to have wearing this collection?